- When a company is on a hiring frenzy with no signs of recent expansion, chances are, they are filling positions after a mass exodus.
- When a company offers a 50% higher salary than any others; it’s looking to fill positions quickly.
- Certain company policies should be red-flags; non-disclosure agreements, do-not-compete agreements, etc.
- Always look into the background of a potential employer; look for pending legislation.
- Companies will always look for ways to cut corners, if something looks incorrect or inaccurate, ask for an explanation.
- When a hazard exists in the workplace, if you report the situation and it is not resolved, gather evidence of it.
- If choosing between two companies, one of which is a well respected corporation and the other is a small company offering to pay more with all other employees only being there for 6 months or less, go with the well respected one.