I have a few ideas bouncing around inside of my skull which I may elaborate on later, but here are some subject lines
On the technology and business end
- Automation as a means to eliminate human errors in medical and chemical analysis in the lab
- Automation as a means to decrease costs of manufacturing complex machines and equipment
- Standardized component modularity as a means to increase competition
- 3D printers capable of producing parts in a variety of materials for component replacement (metals, plastics, and silicates)
On the science and research end
- Incorporation of new techniques such as rapid genome sequencing equipment for research rather than using older techniques with lower throughput. This would save a considerable deal of time; I know grad students work for cheap, but this would allow for faster results.
- Establishing a means of incorporating science into popular culture through having the scientifically literate informing television and film producers.
- Open access publishing.
- Review articles published separately in special open access formats.
- Having the scientists conducting research to write the press releases, or at least have the final say in their printing.
Social and political ideas
- Politicians cannot receive income from companies or individuals. Campaign finances should remain separate from the individual’s other income sources.
- Any politician voting on a matter he or she is not thoroughly familiar should be removed from the office he or she holds.
- Educational systems (secondary) should be nationalized with educators trained in the field they teach, not required to hold a bachelor’s in “education” but also a bachelor’s or higher in mathematics, English, chemistry, physics, psychology, biology, world geography, political science, economics, etc.
- Utilizing the collegiate style education in high schools with only a single lecture for all students of the class with multiple lab-type classes for supplemental instruction.